Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Refining myself as a teacher

Erick is continuing to do so well in his studies! He continues to ask me every week if he can join me in the preaching work , so now we've really started taking steps in getting him ready to be a publisher. Through this whole process tho, I've seen many things in myself that I need to improve. One area is just being a friend , a better friend , for my students. I've seen that as you get closer to these ones , they reveal things to you that you would never even expect. Such as family problems or other things like this. I've seen that what I need to do is just make my self available WHENEVER I'm needed. I always thought that I was a good friend to my students , but now I've been trying to take a bigger interest in my student's personal lives. Not just being buddies, but now focusing on forming a brotherly relationship. I know this will help me especially as my students continue to progress.

This weekend is quite crazy! The ASL circuit has their circuit assembly , so we have 6 people staying in our house right now. No matter where I look as I type this up, there's someone there!!!! But it's nice getting to know these friends better.

It's crazy that's it's been 6 months since we left the states. Time has been flying and in just another month , we'll be back in the states for a short period of time. We look forward to seeing many of you and we hope we get to see you all!

I'm going to try to post more often! I apologize for the gaps. I've been trying to come up with new ideas so that the blog is more interesting! So bear with me during this transitioning phase.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment