Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Circuit Overseer visit: Day 1

So yesterday was a fun day out in service. There's a new family visiting the congregation for 2 weeks. The Wood family is from Arizona and they're all really nice. I got to work with all of them yesterday ( along with some others) in the territory and speaking of territory , it was my first day leading my own group to our own section of the city. So I was just a liiiiitle bit nervous. But the friends helped out so it all went great. After we stopped for a lunch break I headed home. This may not sound very special , BUT , I'm able to find my way home. By myself. No help. I'm finally starting to get to know my way around here!

I started teaching my new class, Let's talk 3. This class is sooooo nice. I only have 7 students right now so I'm able to really work with them individually. I can tell its gonna be an easy class to teach. My day was just crazy tho. After I got out of work 5:30 , I went out for a study last night at 6 and then got home at 8.

Today was the first day of the circuit overseers visit. He's hilaaaaarious ! We were informed of the work that we have to do over this next year. The branch would like to form one more congregation and two more groups. The reason for this is because our congregation has the WHOLE city of Santiago. Right now we only cover about a quarter of it regularly. So we are going to be busy! The call went out to the Spanish congregation to help us look for more English speakers in the territory for this special week of activity. So we had even more support today, including a young blind who has learned English and loves to speak it. We spread out and immediately found results. I was able to talk to someone , read a scripture , invite him to the special meeting on Saturday and then get his number so I can see him tomorrow. Because we were halfway across town , I chose to stay in the territory thru siesta. A couple and I went for lunch and then rested a bit before we met back for the group. This afternoon , Cardon , one of the Wood's sons asked me to work out in service together. We had a great time but when we got into the territory it started POURING. Thankfully a man who saw our group of 11 huddled under umbrellas invited us into his house until the rain passed. This man didn't know us at all! But his teacher is a Jehovah's Witness!!!

All in all today was an amazing day out in service and I was very encouraged by everyone!!!

Below is a picture after the storm last night. I can't even begin to describe what it actually looked like because the picture doesn't even do it justice. It looked like the sky was on fire.

We hope you friends are doing well and think of you often.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious. With the siesta custom, how long does the CO usually stay when invited for lunch there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The circuit overseer actually stays longer for lunch because of siesta. The field service group meets at 2 PM instead of 1. So it gives you more time to get to know the CO better!

      Delete