Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Preparing to come back home

So we plan on coming back home this Saturday ! I'm excited to see everyone and I hope we'll be able to stop in to visit most of you friends. We're still trying to figure out transportation but I'm sure Jehovah will make a way. I think that's something I've learned in all this. Jehovah ALWAYS makes a way. For example, we asked one family if we could stay with them for the month and immediately they agreed to it! It's amazing to see Jehovah's organization in action. The love we've been shown so far has been tremendous. Whether its support through emails or phone calls , it's definitely had an encouraging effect on us.

I'm going to try to post up more information about the country itself. Such as food, culture , etc. I know that some of you friends are reading this and wondering if you'd like to experience it. And I also know that in order to help you make that decision, I'm gonna have to post up more info about the life style here. So today I'm gonna focus on our daily routine.

Each morning our service group meets at 8:40. You may wonder why this is different from back home , but it's because of the heat. If we start early, we can beat the heat. So usually for service we work in areas surrounding the KH. This means we walk to most of the territories. And if its a little bit aways, then we either get into someone's car together or some of us take the conchos to the territory. Service will go to about 12 or 1 at the latest. The group then breaks off for siesta which lasts till 3. This time is really invaluable because we can eat, rest and rehydrate. Now the rest of the day depends on you and what you'd like to do with your time. I usually work in the afternoons , but there is a service group that meets at 2 across town that has been recently started. Also , many congregations meet around 4 or 5 again for evening witnessing. That's another thing different here too. Because night time can be very dangerous , our evening witnessing lasts till about 6. After that, you want to be on bible studies or at home. I like this schedule a lot because it gives you so much time to study. Back home, I could come up with ten million reasons why I didn't have time for personal study one day. But here, you HAVE the time, it's all about using it wisely. So that's pretty much it about the daily routine. Tomorrow , I'll try to get you friends some information about the most important thing, FOOD.

This random little picture is of an almond. Yes!!!! An almond! The fruit surrounding it is red and the nut is inside! One of the many cool thing in service is seeing all the different fruits in the trees.

We look forward to seeing you friends soon.

Nos vemos ,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment