Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Goals for the 2013 service year!

Thursday is public witnessing day and we were BUSY!!!! We preached outside of one of the universities and we were blessed for our efforts! Adrean started 3 bible studies this morning and I was able to get a few return visits of my own. I was able to place 5 sets of magazines and 3 truth tracts! Using the truth tract here is so nice and easy. There's no rush for time really so you can ask questions, really digging for what the person truly feels on the matter. Opening the bible is expected here, so it's different from back home because to read a scripture sometimes felt like a feat in itself. After each conversation, we exchanged contact information and set up a return date. One man wants me to come back Saturday morning for more information! I invited a young man to the meeting tonight , texted him the time , and waited for him to show up, but he never did. Now I felt a little saddened by this but I figured something had come up. After the meeting I checked my phone and he had messaged me at 6:55 asking for a ride because it was pouring outside. Although I was mad at myself for not checking my phone before the meeting , it made me happy that this man WANTED to come still. He made the effort to ask for a ride! So I'm hoping we can work it out for this Sunday.

At the meeting tonight we ha a letter from the branch read about goals for the whole country. So for the year of 2013 the branch wants 3 main things done:
1. Each publisher should have at least one bible student. If we need help or assistance with this we can see the pioneers or the service overseer.
2. We want to hit 7,000 regular pioneers !
3. For the month of March 2013 , the branch wants us to have 20,000 auxiliary pioneers! So we have plenty of time to prepare for the activity ahead!

Below is a picture of brother Rigero and Nicol together as we sat down for a bit. Yes, they're seated on stumps , but that's what we do here so what're you gonna do.

We think of you all very often and hope you're doing well. It's been nice to call some of you , so if you see some number you don't recognize, PICK IT UP!!!! It may be me calling you over Skype.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

1 comment: