Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Friday, October 12, 2012

"... Well you are a missionary"

Every Friday morning and Tuesday evening , I'll be working along with Teresa in Sign language. It's really neat being able to work so closely with a missionary because she's training me how to be a missionary. I said that to her this morning and she said something that I never really thought of. ".... Well you are a missionary !" I guess I was think of myself more as a need greater. But in a way , Everyone who is serving here and in other lands could be considered missionaries. Teresa said Esa and I are to learn 20 new words in Spanish and ASL. I replied "o , that'll be easy since I know more then twenty signs and I can use Spanish (somewhat)". She then broke it to me. She meant 20 new signs and Spanish words a WEEK. She said that in the missionary book, that's one thing that they're required to do! So I guess I have a lot more studying to do now.

Teresa also extended a special invitation to Esa, Mom and myself. She asked us to go with her to the southern part of the island while she visits some friends. Now the cool things about this opportunity are : 1. We'll get to go to Haiti since its just a walk away , and that's where we will be preaching. 2. We'll get to go to some AMAZING beaches which will be soooo nice. 3. This kinda made me feel like Timothy. I'm bot sure exactly why, but accompanying Teresa somewhere and meeting her friends and all just feels so great and like such a privilege. I'm expecting some spiritual giants!

Tonight Teresa came over for popcorn and some drinks. We sang some kingdom melodies as I played on guitar and it was just a nice time to associate with others.

So anyways it's late and tomorrow we're gonna be working on inviting more to the meeting held on Saturdays now. So I'll have to cut this post short.

Below you'll see a view from my school. It's not much of a view but I like it for some reason.

We've been able to call some of you friends through Skype and I can't even begin to express thanks for the encouraging conversations. When I start think about home a little bit, it's nice to be able to make a phone call, chat with you guys and catch up for a bit. For those we're missing , I'm leaving little awkward voicemails for you.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment