Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Thursday, October 18, 2012

A new home! OUR home!

Bella came back home!!!!! It's so great to have her back. We've missed her so much. Today we took David and Ken to a huge center that sells gifts. Now the circumstances surrounding this was funny because Bella suggested going to La Sirena( our version of wallmart, but classier ) but she went with what we wanted and drove downtown to this center. We went in and I immediately went to this one stand that I had gone to before. Granted, my first and only visit there was a year ago, I knew they gave us good prices last time so I wanted to check it out. I'm looking around with mom for some bracelets, other trinkets and decorations. The woman at the stand comes up to me and asks me if I'm a Witness!! I said yes and she seemed very happy. So I asked her if she was and she replied no, but that she loves the witnesses. So we had a quick conversation about where I was serving and my background. By now the whole group was here at this woman's stand and she began giving us free little gifts!!! She was so nice so Bella witnessed to her and left her a tract. The woman would love to study but has a husband who opposes. So we'll see what happens with her, but just seeing her and her kindness helped me really envision her as out sister soon. So we soon realized that Jehovah had easily directed us to her. First, we went someone completely different for gifts. Second , out of the countless stores there , we immediately went RIGHT to that one. On the plus side, she gave us such a nice discount and MORE free gifts. I purchased a coconut that has been carved into a monkey play a guitar. I HAD to have it! I've named him Eduardo.

Today was a big day too because we got our own apartment !!!! It's on the fourth floor of a building directly across from the Kingdom Hall!!! Our balcony looks right out to the KH. It's a 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment. We get the keys tomorrow and plan on filling it with things before we leave for the States. Hopefully the whole Bed and breakfast thing will be up and running soon. Getting this apartment is a huge blessing because not only are we right across the road from the KH. We also live above two other witness families living in the same building. AND they're both in our congregation. So we look forward to settling in there soon.

We got the date of our zone visit !!!! It's February 10!! So friends , please , if you want to come visit February is the time !!! Everyone on the island is invited to attend , so we're all eagerly awaiting the date.

Below is me and Eduardo. Isn't he awesome. :)

We hope you friends are doing well and look forward to seeing you soon!

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

1 comment:

  1. hey I finally got to look at your blog. Pretty good I guess! Isa's is still cooler though! ;)

    ReplyDelete