Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

I'm sorry I haven't posted as much but the pat few days have been insane. We arrived at JFK on Saturday afternoon and we were feeling a tad bit depressed. Even tho we'll be back soon, it feels weird leaving our assignment. So we were waiting for some friends to pick us up and a woman approached my mom with a tract in her hand. It was our tract on family life!!! So my mom asked her where she got it and the woman said it was hers. Turns out this was a sister from Korea!!! She was there with her husband and they have lived in the United States for a year now. They were leaving the country to go to their new assignment out in Asia. We were so encouraged by the two of them for a few reasons. Here was another couple of need greaters who are reaching out to a territory that not many can go to. Also, the husband was learning English and trying so hard To use it. This made me think of my Spanish and how I need to use it more and more! With Jehovah's help its been progressing. Just this evening , we had our family worship night in Spanish! Using the daily text and the Greatest Teacher book, we're teaching ourselves Spanish. I'm so grateful that Jehovah is helping us do this.

We came back to the states just in time for hurricane sandy. I haven't really left this area too much, but from what I've heard , some areas nearby have heavy flooding and many tree down. It never ceases to amaze me how fast the branch acts. The day before the hurricane hit, I received an email from the RBC about how we new volunteers for any emergency electrical work that may occur due to the storm. Jehovah truly does look after his servants.

It's been nice to be back and the family we're staying with is more then hospitable. They've gone above and beyond the call of duty, making us feel so at home. Of course , just another wonderful benefit of having the biggest family in the world.

Below are some pictures of the brother and sister we met. Also , Gracie , the best dog in the world. We got bore and dressed her up, but to be honest I think she liked it.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment