Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

"Uhhhh.... Salludos "

Today I worked with the La Zurza Spanish congregation. Now my Spanish is coming along but I was by no means ready to preach in this language! Needless to say I was a mess! We went to Guandules and this was like a whole different world from the English territory. Everything was these cement alleyways so it was hot. There was little to no airflow , and people everywhere! BUT the response we got made it all worth it. People invited us in to talk and not one person refuse literature. I even gave a presentation in Spanish today!!!! It was all based off of the truth tract so I at least had a visual reference.

Esa, Armando and I continued to work with each other in the morning , stopping by to visit Armando's return visits and studies. Armando is pretty awesome. He takes time to study with all these little children and you know it's motivated by love. He was showing one of them Jehovah's name today in the bible and it was just such a nice thing to see. I was trying to think of how I could learn from him through our morning activities. What I think I could do is make more time for children in our territory. There are kids who are learning English so there's a huge field. Even right in my own classroom !

Today , David Rigero and his friend, Ken Nicol, arrived safely in Santiago. They're staying with us for the next 10 days I think so it'll be a nice opportunity to get to know each other better as we work together in the ministry!

Below you'll see some pictures of the territory we worked in. Also , a picture of Armando and Esa as we stopped for some jugo de chinola( passion fruit juice ).

We hope you friends are doing well and think about you often.

Nos vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment