Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A special week of activity

Hey friends!!! Our apartment is starting to feel more like home everyday now. We have furniture in there now and everything is starting to come along well. We just have to paint the walls and then I'll post up some pictures for everyone to see.

We've been able to spend some time with friends visiting from the United States lately. This past Monday we all went to the beach and I was the one leading the whole group! I was nervous because it was my first time bringing a group outside of Santiago, so I was just hoping everything went well. We went to get the bus around 7 AM and then found out the first bus was going to leave at 8:15 so we were going to have to wait an hour. Aaron Bailey , failing before 7:30. That was just an amazing start. Haha BUT I saw a girl who was definitely American so I said to on of the sisters with us that she should go preach to her. The sister sat nearby her and began to study her Jeremiah book and the KM for this week. The girl came over immediately and was a witness too! She was visiting for two weeks and was on her way to Monte Cristo. After we all met (causing a little scene in the bus station ) a man came up and knew who we were right away. He said he was a pastor and commended us for the work we do here. A strong witness was given and suddenly we all felt better about showing up to the bus an hour early.

Sunday we had a speaking from bethel and he gave two talks that were so great. The last in particular was about the our spiritual diet and how important it is that we feed ourselves regularly. He even showed us some ways our brothers in some lands are getting their spiritual food where the watchtower and awake are not allowed. It was absolutely amazing. Jehovah really does make sure we all get our spiritual food. I was just in awe. As for this week, we have a visit from our circuit overseer. Brother Jones is at the school for the CO's in Paterson so we have Brother Simon. I'm not sure where he's from but he has a heavy accent, I think maybe Haitian. This brother is FULL of love. His talk tonight was about the progress our congregation has made as of late. We have 57 publishers, 18 hour average , 11 mags average and almost each publisher has at least one study. The brother was practically bursting with love! He made a really amazing point tho that I never thought of. During the great tribulation while we are being persecuted , we will still be preaching but our message will be different. It will be a judgement message and people will hate us for it. This really helped me understand why we are looking over the Jeremiah book as a congregation. We are being prepared to take the heat and we are also being reminded that Jehovah will always be there for us as he was with Jeremiah. I'm looking forward to our week of activity with him and my first pioneer meeting with the Santiago English congregation!!

Below are an assortment of pictures. First was our jam packed concho ride out in service. There are no words to express this picture. Next we have Graham and I doing the Gangnam style out in service. Don't tell Teresa , we did it while she wasn't watching. Next, we stopped back to the orphanage and visited the children again. The little girl in the picture has mental disabilities and she drooled... All over my back.... I looked to Teresa and Graham and was thankful that I was just drool , because it could be a lot worse then that. And the last picture is our beach day. In the picture next to Graham is Blake, a brother visiting from the states for 3 months. Behind us is Joel who is also visiting for three months.

We hope all you friends are doing well and think about you often.

Nos Vemos ,
Aaron









1 comment: