Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Monday, December 31, 2012

"Hey Man! You Like French Fries?"

Things have been busy as usual! I've been able to start a few studies this past week and these guys are just awesome. Today is normally my day off, but one of my students requested that I come today, so i got Herby to go with me this morning. Unfortunately , we weren't able to have the study, so we decided to make the most of our time and do public witnessing. In just a short amount of time, we met three guys and were able to set arrangements for studies with all of them! So our CO was encouraging us to just speak english to people and see how thy respond.  One example he said was just asking the peopl " Do you like hamburgers?" It would be pretty obvious by their reaction if they spoke englsh or not. Herby wanted to try this out, so he goes up to a man today and says to him " Hey man! You like french fries?" The man whipped his head around and said " whatchu talkin bout french fries for?" IT WAS HILARIOUS!!! It may seem silly, but the results prove that this can be effective!




 The other night we were all treated out to dinner by a very kind brother yesterday night. He was adamant that we get what we wanted and not to worry about any of the expenses. So a group of about 15 of us went to Square One , a very American restaurant , for our feast! We had so much fun! To the right is Lenin, Hannah, Maria and myself . The next picture is Rina and Ambar. Ambar has such an amazing story all about how she came into the truth and it will be posted up here soon. I won't spoil any of it for you, but her story will make anyone cry. So keep your eyes open for it!
 I had my first motorconcho ride today! Motorconchos are the motorcycle taxis . It was SO MUCH FUN!!! It was the driver, Herby and I on this small motorconcho. I was on the back of the bike with one hand on Herby's shoulder and my other hand wrapped around my bag and Herby's folder. I was nervous at first but it was awesome. I am definitely doing that again! My mom hates the idea , but it's a very common way of transportation so i have my excuse .
We're looking forward to our circuit assembly this weekend as well! We the have two guests coming in on Thursday from the capital. One is a young brother and the other is an older sister who has been in the full time service for sometime now. I'm sure that we'll really get to learn so much from these friends . For the Pocket fans, you'll see here that he's happy, healthy and lazy. A Pug/chihuahua mix getting to enjoy his senior years in the Caribbean. He's definitely enjoying the life. He's been losing weight too! He's finally at a healthy weight after all these years.

We hope you friends are doing well! I hear this winter is pretty awful. My heart goes out to all of you who are coated in snow.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment