Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

You're my teacher!

We've had many friends who had stayed with us here in Santiago for up to 3 months and now they're returning back home. I feel really sad seeing them go because we've gotten so close to them and now we know we won't see them for about another year or so. So this week has been sad. Almost all the group supporting the Imbert English Group will be leaving and even some from the congregation. Last night we had a gathering for a few of them to say farewell. We ate , we gave experiences and played music. People talked about their favorite times preaching , whether it was with small children who truly understood about Jehovah or other scenarios where Jehovah helped us to find someone we were looking for. The night was filled with happiness and appreciation for the privilege to be here with our brothers in Dominican Republic.

On that note, the friends who have been leaving have studies and return visits that they need taken care of. So they've been handing them out to whoever is in need of studies or would be able to help their student. This is where my funny experience starts. So the other night I was on my way to a return visit and saw a young man named Eric who study with the Cornelius family. He was waiting outside the Spanish meeting and so I ran across the road to say hello. He's very shy so I always try to say hi to him. When I saw him his face lit up! He exclaimed "Cornelius is leaving! You are my teacher now !" You can imagine my shock at the statement because The Cornelius family never told me that they wanted me to study with Eric or anything about him. So I said "ok so I'll see you at our meeting tomorrow morning !" and let him go into the Spanish meeting that was about to start. The next morning he came to the meeting and sat with me. He even read a scripture during the watchtower study! After the meeting we got to talk more and Eric told me that he is studying in Spanish already but that he still wants more in English! So he told me that I should come by Wednesday at 9:30 for his study. He had set up this whole study on his own!!! It was so awesome. So I decided that instead of actually "studying" with him that we would consider the watchtower study for each Sunday and help him prepare a comment. That way I'm not getting in the way of his Spanish studies. Eric truly has the spark tho. He'll do Great things with what he's learning. I'm just looking forward to see him progress even more.

Below is a picture of the Cornelius family, mom and I. We were so sad to see them go.

We hope you friends are doing well. I know winter is killing you but know you always have an island getaway if you need a break.

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment