Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Casa De Bailey

Hello friends! It's a cold , rainy day here in Santiago so it's the perfect opportunity to update you all on what's been going on. I mentioned previously about the increase in response but I'll give a little more detail. Right now I'm conducting 7 bible studies with Haitians and Dominicans! So my week of activity usually goes something like this.

Monday: day off
Tuesday : territory
Wednesday : territory, RVS
Thursdays : RVS
Friday : Studies , RVS
Saturday : Studies
Sunday : Studies

I've found that Sunday preaching is so effective! Because most of my students are studying in the universities , they have the weekends off. So Sunday from 1-6 is prime time to find these guys at home. I know most of you know this feeling , but for me it's new. The feeling I'm talking about is when you're teaching a bible student about the hope that Jehovah has set before us. It's so amazing to see the look in their eyes , the spark, as if a firework has set off inside of them! It makes me fire up even more and I use this to make myself a more dynamic teacher. For example, I talked about James in a previous post and the study we had about death. Seeing his emotions as he began to realize he could see his mother again one day was so overwhelming! It made me want to help him even more to appreciate what Jehovah god has done and will do for us. Another student , Rodnee , has made great progress and is really making efforts at attending every Sunday meeting. I'm trying to imagine him soon on that platform giving his first talk. I'm so excited to see him progress.

We have a very faithful older couple leaving our congregation soon and so we had a nice gathering for them. We even put on the bible drama of Wise King Solomon. You'll see below Solomon and his three guards. Sister Duran and my mom did an amazing job with our costumes.

Our home is coming along now ! Below are just a few pictures of the living room and kitchen.

I hope you friends are doing well. Hearing your experiences from back home has been so encouraging. Please keep them coming!

Nos Vemos,
Aaron

P.s. at the bottom is our congregation. Sorry the picture isn't too clear, but we've been growing !









1 comment:

  1. That is an amazing feeling to see a bible student light up with bible truths. Don't know if you had got to meet Joy before you left. Her grandmother was in the concentration camp with our fellow sisters and because of her experience being surrounded by their love and determination to remain faithful she taught Joy what she knew. So Joy although went to catholic school always asked questions from a young age that the priests could never answer so she'd go to her grandmother for the answers. Although we don't know for sure if she was ever baptized as a servant of Jehovah she definitely taught Joy things about Jehovah. The best way to describe talking to Joy, it's like being with someone who's been raised all her life around the truth but never made it her own. She had rearranged her schedule to attend all the Sunday mtgs but since we've changed to the afternoon it's been hard. But she never misses her studies even if we need to reschedule to another day and time. She really enjoyed having the CO's wife on her study the beginning of January.
    Well, I looking forward to hearing more about your experiences. They truly are up building. Please send my love to the congregation and Eliza & I are still planning to visit so we can "taste and see that Jehovah is good".

    ReplyDelete