Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

"I shall speed it up in it's own time " - Isaiah 60:22

So I'll just give a couple experiences of how the preaching work has gone as of late.

The other day , Blake and I went to a bible study and it went so incredible! Blake did an awesome job conducting the study and handling his students questions. Afterwards we were going to get in the conchos to go back home but for some reason I felt like we should go to this juice place that I had just gone to. They have chinola and cereza there so it's the place to go when you need to get something sweet to drink. We headed over to the place to find out that it was closed. I was saying to Blake that we should go get a coke at the pharmacy and then some one approached us. The man says "what are you looking for ?" Yes. In English. It was like Jehovah sent us someone! We knew that Holy Spirit most likely moved us to go where Jehovah saw the need. It felt so good to have an experience like that. So we continued to the pharmacy and then Blake was saying how great the price were in there. I was looking around and saw someone smiling at this and I realized that he knew what we were saying! I immediately went up to him and he knew exactly who we were. Business territory here is so nice because people take time to listen. It's not rushed at all! We can take out the bible and actually discuss thins with them. So as we were leaving I held the door open for a younger man who in return said "thank you!" AGAIN IN ENGLISH!! We have a return visit set up for tomorrow afternoon! It's just been amazing to see Jehovah drawing people and even more amazing that we get the privilege of being used to find these ones.

So we've been working in a territory called Villa magisterial and we've been finding amazing responses in English! Many of these ones are young men who are studying at the local universities. One example is a young man named James. We found him yesterday morning and he was so responsive that we set up a return for this morning. My mom and I went and had the study with him! James wanted to know what happens at death. He never said why , but he was eager for answers. We went through the first 2 or 3 subheadings of chapter six in the bible teach book and showed him the true condition of the dead. He then revealed why he had the question. Last year James lost his mother to death. He said he had been told that god wanted his mom and that it was his will. But now he ha the answers that he had been searching for. I then pulled out the listen to god brochure and showed him the resurrection picture. I described to him the events occurring. Jehovah and Jesus calling these ones from death and the families and friends waiting for them. I asked James to imagine himself there waiting for his mother. "Imagine waving her over and being able to hug her again. " At this point I was starting to get emotional , as well a James. It was such an effective and heartfelt study ! I invited James to the meeting tomorrow and we are having another study in the afternoon!

Well friends besides that , all is well. Below are some pictures for you! First is our street sign. See, in DR if you want to change your street sign, you do. In this scenario , the people who live here on calle 10 decided that calle 1 was much more desired. So we'll just duct tape that thing up and BAM. Calle 1. Next was my interesting concho ride. There was a literal hole in the floor of the car. A hole. Next was my amazing hazelnut cappuccino at square one. It was. Delicious and only 85 pesos!!!! And lastly is my new friend and I. We saw this little guy in the road and couldn't pass up the chance to snap a photo with him.

We hope you friends are well!

Nos Vemos,
Aaron







No comments:

Post a Comment