Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A time to work and a time to rest

Sunday we had 72 people at our meeting! It was awesome to see so many friends supporting the congregation as well as some new visitors. We went to a gathering that night and were able to enjoy dancing and good association. There is a girl in the congregation who is a publisher now, but she told us her story about how she fought to serve Jehovah despite persecution from her family. I will talk with her again soon so I can write down this experience for you friends because it was so encouraging to hear. Now another thing different about the DR is that nobody really goes out in service on Mondays. So we take the day to relax , study and get chores done. But yesterday was a little different for me. Gladys, a sister from a nearby congregation , cleans out house for us on Mondays so we didn't really have many chores to do. So around 11 AM I started playing my guitar and didn't stop till 10 PM! It was so much fun to sing with some of the friends who stopped by during the day. We danced , sang and enjoyed a meal together so all together , this weekend was so refreshing.

I got my first return visit today here. The man's name is Jesús and he was very receptive. My mom is also starting to build up quite a stack of RVs. We're getting used to walking in the heat and adjusting to the new way of working territory here. My mom is using her French everyday now. Today we met a Haitian families that lived in a cement shack. They were so receptive and my mom is going to bring back a Fenway bible to them very soon. These people are yearning for something better!

I took some pictures of the plants here for you gardeners out there. There were some interesting ones. Black, purple , reds, etc. You'll also see a picture of an incomplete apartment building that people started living in. The place is completely unsafe and the people who are living there have no protection from weather or thieves. But this is just the way it goes for some people here. Also you'll see a picture of the shack that the Haitian family lived in.

We hope you friends are doing well and we think of you often.

Nos Vemos
Aaron

1 comment: