Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting for something beautiful

Today Esa and I went to go see Clara Luz along with Dana. Clara Luz continues to amaze me every time I see her. Today we had her spell her name out in magnets. It's was such a beautiful thing to see because, as I've said in an earlier post , she's deaf and blind. But something that I've failed to mention is Clara Luz's siblings. She has a 6 year old sister who is FULL of attitude, and a younger brother who seems to be about two. Now while the study is always a joy , the circumstances around it are always somewhat comical. For example , last week the little girl comes out to a little stream of water that's going down their alley way and crouches down. Normal right? No. She then proceed to spit out blood into the stream because she had a tooth pulled out. So while we are waitin for Clara Luz, we get to enjoy her sister spitting up bloody spit into the stream of water. Also , the little boy is naked. Always. Forever. Naked. No matter what. He can be playing , eating or people watching from his yard. I'm not sure if he just hates clothes or this is a phase. But there's just a lot of nakedness running around while we teach Clara Luz about the bible. This week we take it up a notch. We had Clara Luz spelling her name and I was video taping it so I could show you friends, but he little brother comes up( standing at a distance) and begins to pee. Everywhere. So in the video attached to this post , we are cracking up. But here you'll see Clara Luz guiding Esa's hands to the letters to spell out the name. It amazes me every time. We talked with Clara Luz about how Jehovah created man and then gave her a piece of clay and had her make a man too. A picture is attached below of what she was able to make. O! Also, I was able to conduct the study for the first time in ASL. I was nervous as can be but the sisters provided some much needed assistance so I made it through. It's really cool to feel Jehovah is using me to do. What I mean by feel is that for some reason I can pick up ASL so easily and I find it to be a major joy. So seeing and feeling the effects of holy spirit has been such a privilege.

We know many friends are going through hardships right now and our hearts go out to you. We think of all of you often and hope you are doing well.

Here is the link to see Clara Luz spell here name and for a few laughs.
http://youtu.be/ap6RBX5bW8w

Nos Vemos
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment