Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Bailey. Profesor Bailey.

Me and Esa went to work with the sign language group in Pekin today. We worked with Dana, a sister from the states who has been for a few weeks now. We went to see a bible student who is deaf and blind. Her name is Clara Luz. If any of you had a chance to meet her , you'd be so amazed. She can spell her own name with magnets and her sign are impressive. She always wants to teach too. She'll make sure you know the signs too. There is a bag that has all her materials in it and she will pull everything out herself, including some hand sanitizer that she will put in everyone's hands. Today I gave my first prayers in sign language!!! Granted they were so short, basically just thanking Jehovah for helping us learn about him. But I did it!!! After that Esa and I went to the university to do informal witnessing. They day was hot but productive. On a side note we had really good melon batidas (shakes). It was made with fresh cantaloupe and it was sooooo refreshing.

Today I went down to the New York institute and sat down for an interview. I am officially an English teacher now!!! I never even really got to go through the application process or anything. Because I'm a native English speaker I got the job immediately. And to add to it all, I start working tomorrow!!! My first class is at 2:30 and I'm taking over for someone mid-semester. The great thing about this place is that they love the witnesses ! There are 6 or 7 witnesses who work there. They know we new time off and are very aware of a pioneer schedule, so I know this is definitely a blessing from Jehovah. I was so shell shocked from how fast everything happened but Esa helped me out with things like starting a lesson plan and how to teach the students. I'll definitely get back to you all on how tomorrow goes.

Below is a picture of my mom's legs. She was bitten several times by Malles( pronounced My-as). The bites swell up a bit and itch for weeks. But it's nothing a little rubbing alcohol can't fix. Also, here a street we walked on back home from the university and the last picture is Clara Luz.

No comments:

Post a Comment