Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Let the search continue!

Each day I look out over the city as we walk with the group out in service and I think " I LIVE HERE". It's amazing to think we're actually HERE. My prayers to Jehovah have changed just a little because I'm just thanking him everyday for this opportunity , for letting me come here to experience this and being able to reach one of the goals that I had set out after pioneer school. Seeing other young ones here as well helps me feel more at home. I plan to go up to Jarabacoa soon to visit my friend Brok. I'm just so happy to be able to call this place home!

Speaking of homes, the friends are being a major help to us as we try to find a new home. Fortunately there are many places for rent here in Santiago. For instance , there is a house for rent with 6 bedrooms , 2 living rooms and 3 and 1/2 bathrooms! It only comes out to $625 a month, and the place is furnished as well. But we're lookin for something a little smaller then that. We just continue to pray that Jehovah provides us his direction in the matter.

We're still getting used to walking everywhere and today proved to be a challenge because each Thursday is devoted to public witnessing. One group went down to the malls and my group was near the university. Mom and I had the privilege to work with an older couple , Ralph and Annie. They are from Georgia and both are very kind and zealous from the ministry. It's so apparent too , because even with the problems of advancing age, they were keeping up , if not walking faster then us in the territory!

Mom is trying hard to adjust to the heat and all the walking as well because often times we just keep going from 9-12. This , of course , is a LOT different from back home. As the heat intensifies during the morning , our bags begin to feel heavier and our steps feel more like trudges. But when we get to talk to people , we get the biggest shot of energy !

Below is a picture of that house I was talking about earlier, as well as a little guy who wanted to sit with us on break and some of the house that are empty now in the city. Apparently it's because people couldn't rent them out so they have had to completely leave these houses behind.

We hope you friends are doing well as I've been hearing that you've been enjoying the blog, so thank you for reading it ! It means a lot.

Nos Vemos
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment