Bienvenido! My name is Aaron and I am currently serving in Dominican Republic. Whether this is in the United States or somewhere else in the world , Jehovah's work must be done! As we have been advised, "taste and see that Jehovah is good!" This blog is just about my little taste so far.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Inciting one another to love and fine works

The past two days have been very encouraging for me. Thursdays are a day set aside for public witnessing but instead of doing that I went with Jerry, a special pioneer , on his bible study. Jerry is funny because he's very relaxed and down to earth. He can bring up any subject and you'll feel comfortable talking about it. But he also is able to provide good advice and council because of his years in full time service. His bible student is from Nigeria and is a very intelligent man. We even got to use the new brochure "Who is doing Jehovah's will today?" It was awesome being able to use it and the practical value of it was made clear. Easy, relaxed discussion that will lead students to God's organization. But what made the study even better was the meal that was provided afterwards. We ate chicken , rice and cabbage. It was awwwwesome.

The meeting last night was very encouraging as well. We had a few visitors and also some new friends who are looking to switch over into the English field to help us out. It's nice being part of a smaller congregation because its really like a family. We all work with each other out in the ministry through the week and are able to provide encouragement to each other after the meetings. After last nights meeting we were recharged and ready to get back to work. But we had a guest afterwards! Teresa , a missionary who works in the sign language field , came back from her visit to the states! Teresa had taken a special interest in Gabe and I in precious visits , so to see her again was nice and we made plans to work with each other today.

So today Teresa , Esa and I went to go see Clara Luz again and a couple more of Teresa's students. We always learn so much from Teresa whether its new vocabulary or important points to remember when working with the Deaf and Blind.

Also, we got our classes for the new semester. I'm going to be teaching Let's Talk 1 and 3 on Tuesdays , Fridays and Saturdays. So this will definitely help contribute towards some expenses.

So below I have a few random pictures. First is a Dominican bench. Haha these things are made out of whatever they can find, usually tree stumps. Second is Esa. I figure I need I start putting some faces to the names so this is a start. We had stopped for gelato and I snuck a shot. Last, you'll see the Pekin Kingdom Hall. This is where a Spanish congregation and sign language group meet. They have a beautiful view of the mountains !

We hope you friends are doing well and think about you all. If you'd like to Skype me my name is : Musicman2131 and my moms Skype is : baileymk1. We'd love to hear from all of you friends.

Nos Vemos
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment